July 22, 2008

Creative Withdrawal!

Okay, I'm starting to feel a little stir crazy with no clay around and nary a pair of pliers in sight! It's so hard for me not have my hands busy all the time!

This is a lariat that I made to wear to my sister's wedding. I used one of my long Klimt beads, 3 branch disk beads, vintaj brass and an assortment of stones, lucite flowers and crystals. It's my new fav!


I've been enjoying the lake, sunsets, sand and waves. Here are some ocean wafer beads that I have had in my stash for a while. I snapped a bunch of photos before I left for vacay, and will be posting the beads to my etsy shop over the week. A girl has to scratch out a living, even on vacation! Actually, I just like having money to shop while I'm here, who can blame me! There is a bead shop in town, farmer's market and a whole row of quaint little shops. I dreamt of antique shopping last night, it might be a sign that there is a treasure waiting for my downtown!

So do you take things to work on while you are on vacation or do you leave it all behind?

7 comments:

Bead-Mused said...

Oh I take a couple of small things, which drives the family crazy. But it's hard enough to take one day off and not be busy, let alone a week long vacation!

Love the lariat!
Theresa

angelinabeadalina said...

Oh, just think of all the inspirations for beads you are finding this week! I'll bet you have a ton of new ideas inspired by the sights of the market and the shops :)

Jennifer Stumpf said...

oh, do i ever. i take a large carry on container of beads, wire, and tools (not on an airplane, of course) plus my knitting bag and some cross stitch to boot!
=)

Anonymous said...

I'm writing this from the last day of my two week 'vacation'. I took a tub of jewelrymaking stuff, a tub of clay stuff and my laptop.

Good thing I packed light on the rest of stuff!

Beverly Herman said...

I took a box with beads with me. I knew I would not have time to work on anything but just knowing they were there was a security blanket for me. The sister of the bride was very beautiful accented with her lariat necklace.

LLYYNN - Lynn Davis said...

I try to change gears completely and take a knitting project. I keep a tote bag all put together with whatever I need for that project (so I have several tote bags going at once, of course) and as I go out the door I can grab one and know I have something to work on. Especially when flying because sometimes there are unexpected delays. Those turn into extra knitting time! Bonus!

Heather Powers said...

thanks for sharing with me everyone! I guess I'm glad I didn't bring anything, it really has forced me to just enjoy the little moments with my girls instead of working on the next project. i'll live a few more days without my clay!