December 1, 2008

Bead Art Gift Ideas

Have bead-obsessed folks on your gift list? Art Beads are a fun, easy and quick gift to give. Here are some ideas to dress up your gift:

Last year on the Art Bead Scene, Virgina Miska shared some ideas on adding an art bead to a small gift of coffee or tea. (I'd also say chocolates would be appreciated.) She tied a pendant on the top of her package with raffia. I could also see using a little bit of craft wire to attach a special bead to a ribbon bow if you had beads with smaller holes.

You can buy, knit or sew a tiny bead-sized stocking and put a few treasures inside. Who doesn't love a stocking full of goodies, no matter the size. Again, chocolate added to the gift would be appreciated.

I'm crazy for these wedding favor tins. You can pick them up at Michael's, 30 for $20 or in smaller quantities on Etsy. Add in an art bead, some findings and a few accent beads for a mini bead kit, just add creativity. (And chocolate!) To decorate the top of the tin, you could cut out a Christmas card with a pretty design to show through the top of the tin.

Featured Bead: Garnet Branches

1 comment:

Rosanne said...

Great stuff you are showing kiddo!
I'm getting high speed internet at the shop today...WAHOOO! Now I can do my stuff there and not have to wait hours. Can you say Happy Girl? I'm gonna put up my shop, blog and twitter till my little beak burns out...I'm feeling the love on a Monday morning ;^)