March 20, 2009

Rings & Things Show Review

Last weekend was the Rings & Things trunk show. I was thoroughly looking forward to this show, even though I just had a great shopping adventure a few weeks ago. I'm in a serious gathering mood as I gear up for a new round of projects for various publications and I'm working on some spring/summer jewelry to sell in my etsy shop again.

We arrived early to find a crowd already shopping! I had gone through the catalog the night before and made notes of things I wanted to look out for. And what was I looking for? The unusual - both in shape, color and new materials. Things that looked old or had a sense of history also caught my eye. I rounded out my collection with a few basic beads in colors that appealed to me and a nice hunk of gunmetal findings.
Some of my favorites from this group include green and blue shades of Kyanite and apatite.

Loving the lavender stick pearls, a gray-purple stone called imperial jasper and the pink dyed chalcedony.

Pyrite and brown lava beads were standouts for me at the show, love the primitive quality. And check out the smoky quartz daggers, just a little bit of awesomeness! I think I covered the entire rainbow during this shopping expedition!

So if you were wondering why I haven't been blogging, I've been locked away in my studio creating night and day!

I have a few more Bead Cruise posts to share with you and will try to get those written up this weekend. Thanks for stopping by.

11 comments:

Margot Potter said...

Oooo...yummy! Rings n Things has the best gun metal findings around!

Have fun making magic with your new stash.

xoxo
Madge

Lorelei Eurto said...

Excuse me while I wipe the drool off my keyboard.....

You made out like a bandit GIRL!
Can't wait to see what you create with these beauties!

Katie said...

Those lava beads are cool! Looks like you had a lot of fun shopping and finding some really cool new things :o)

Dave Robertson said...

There's always so much unique stuff at these shows, it's a lot of fun to see what different people find & pick out. Enjoy the bead stash!

--Dave

Summer said...

*completely distracted by the shiny*

What beautiful beads! I can't wait to see what you do with them:) I agree about the lavender stick pearls. Gorgeous.

Beverly Herman said...

Wow what a great combination of beads. I would love to go to a Rings & Things truck show. I can't wait to see what you make with those pretties!!

Pretty Things said...

Awesome haul!

I can't wait until they're here this summer!

SarahKelley said...

yum,yum, yum,yum, yum,yum,yum!!!!

Russ Nobbs said...

Glad you had fun! Consider embellishing one or more brown (or black)lava beads with Art Clay Silver (or PMC)to make an exciting focal bead. The lava can take torch heat.

Karin said...

I bought some of those lava beads when R&T was in Milwaukee last fall and I mixed them with my Humblebeads! I'll have to post pictures later this week. Have fun with your stash.

Alice said...

Lovely! I just attended my first Rings & Things trunk show a couple weeks ago and had a blast! I came away with some gorgeous beads and a package of those awesome cable chokers.

Green was the main color choice for me this time.....could it be that I'm ready for spring weather?

Thanks for letting us drool all over your beads!

Alice