April 29, 2009

I Drag Behind

My theme song for the day. (Warning, it's a little on the loud side.)

Too many deadlines, working feverishly through orders and too many ideas that want to come into being. I'm racing toward June, May seems like a lost cause already. How can that be? Breathe little miss, breathe.

Why race toward June, because I can not wait to head to Michigan for a few weeks. Do you have places like that? Places that call to your heart & soul? Lake Michigan is that place for me. I can close my eyes and hear the sound of the waves hitting the shore, calling me home.

Have a cure for homesickness? I'd love to hear it!

5 comments:

Gaea said...

go girl! go!

Anonymous said...

I often feel the call of the lake. It is a definite balm to the soul. I dont think I appreciated it when I lived there :(

Rosanne said...

My cure for homesickness is to just stay home. No help for you there, but it will be so much fun when you get here.
Quote for the day...
I'm so far behind I think I'm first

Lisa Clarke said...

My place like that is Ocean City, NJ. We started going 2 years ago after a bad month that we all just wanted to get over, and now it's tradition. We go for a long weekend in late May, *just* before the season officially starts, so that it is warm, but not crowded yet. I'm so excited for our trip this year, I'm tempted to wish away the next few weeks completely!

Anonymous said...

I like this song.... I'm going to check this band.
I too, am so behind, I think I'm first.