September 19, 2009

I'm still standin'

Yeah, yeah, yeah...
I know that was a terrible impression of Elton John. I should have pulled out my sparkly star-shaped glasses. Oh well, next time. Until that day, here are some shiny things for you to enjoy!


Etched copper, branch beads, mixed with some sterling silver. Those leaf cuff bracelets rock my world. I love them and had to make one just for me! I did a little low heat treatment to change the color of the copper to look like fall leaves. Me and metal, we are getting tight.

And I wasn't planning to make earrings with a statement, but somehow they just happened. After I made the house with the xo, the ribbon just seemed like the right thing to add. I might call them, "Come Home" or "Bring them Home". I could see them for people with loved ones in the armed services or for a breast cancer survivor, although I would probably add pink cherry blossom beads to the bottom. Houses are one of my favorite symbols, more on that later. So many meanings into such a tiny pair of earrings. Back to the bead cave for me. Happy Creating!

11 comments:

Judy said...

Those totally ROCK! I love each and everyone of them! Perfect for the fall and everything in between.

Katie said...

Lovely! I love the leaves and am working on a necklace using one of the leaves you lined with clay right now :o)

Great little pretties!

Erin Siegel said...

*GASP* OMG! Gorgeous! Just give me a minute to pick my jaw up from the desk......Okay, you know I'm crazy about those leaves! Just stunning! Did you cut those out of copper sheeting my hand? or did you get the shapes somewhere?

Beverly Herman said...

Heather this is your Mom. Send all those new things you are making to me! I can't wait for Christmas or Mother's day or my next birthday. I need them now. Especially the house earrings. They to "Come Home" to your Mother. P.S the leaves will not be falling from the trees any time soon. The earrings and bracelet are just the right kind of leaves I need for the fall.
I love when you work magic with metal and humblebeads.

Barbara Lewis said...

Just perfect for this time of year!

Mellisa said...

The patina finish on your copper pieces is just fantastic! Everything is beautiful!

Alice said...

Beautiful pieces! I especially like the ones with leaves--so fallish. And that patina.....!!!!
Gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Ooooo! I especially love the bracelet! very nice!

ClickNCamera said...

Love them ALL!

TesoriTrovati said...

SWOON! Let me pick my jaw up off the floor....those leaves are the BOMB! I love the cuff. You were right to make one for yourself! But those earrings have me ready to pounce. Such lovely things all...hope you are doing some things for you in this hectic season! Enjoy the day! Erin

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! I'm lovin' those pieces!