December 22, 2009

Beady Christmas Tree


I wish I could take a better photo of the tree, this will have to do for now.  I went with a copper, teal, white and silver theme this year.  It's rather lovely.  Many beaded and beady items can be found on my tree.

Along with the mica items I posted a while ago, I have polymer clay birds in teal and a few other ornaments made with my snowflake/dandelion beads and lucite skeleton keys.  (I'll try to take a photo of those.) I also made these super simple decorations with large copper filigree and copper hooks. 

I need to read up on some tips for taking family photos.  I'm determined to get some good holiday shots this year.  I seem to take one photo each Christmas morning and that's it.  I start having fun and the camera gets put away.  And while I can take photos of jewelry, getting good candid family shots are not one of my skills. 

Hope you are having a fun and crafty holiday season.  I'm working tonight on sewing scarves for some special folks on my list.

3 comments:

TesoriTrovati said...

Beautiful tree baubles, Heather! I am with you on the candids. Everytime my kids see a camera they duck and hide. Need to desensitize them a bit. I am all about odd angles and extreme closeups. Give that a shot. You get some fun things. I am really good at photography jewelry in natural light...maybe that is what my kids need? And sports action shots...think baseball players with the ball frozen in mid air and the dust flying from a slide. Or a running back bounding down the sidelines. Still shots, not so much. Keep me posted. Merry Christmas to you!
Enjoy the day!
xo
Erin

Judy said...

Your tree is beautiful! I look forward to seeing all the other goodies you have hiding in those branches.
Merry Christmas!

Beverly Herman said...

Heather I love Christmas at your house. Your decorations are so beautiful on your tree.
Merry Merry Christmas!