May 19, 2010

23 Days of Inspiration - Production

I think I have to give a nod to my industrial Michigan roots and thank Ford for showing America the benefits of production work. Some days I am a beadmaking factory, working in assembly line fashion.
 
Is there joy working like this?  There is, it's quite satisfying to see piles of you pendants stacked up, wondering where each one will travel to once it's complete.  I love that my inspiration will travel to another designer's table and in turn help them along their creative journey.  It's an exciting process.

4 comments:

beth said...

Wow--great post! Maybe one of yours will end up on my bead board! Hooray!

TesoriTrovati said...

Wow. I think that an even bigger joy must come in the fact that you know that these are going to sell. That they will be made into all sorts of lovely things. I would love to be able to make components that others want to buy, but I am not sure that I could handle the production end of things. Thanks for sharing your inspiration. Enjoy the day! Erin

Unknown said...

You create such beautiful bits to work with! Thanks for sharing your process too.

Kella said...

Wow! thats a lot, think of all the possibilities.