January 10, 2011

Creative Jump Starts

1. Go through your bead box and pick something out you brought years ago, use it this week.

2. Find an usual photo and use a color palette generator to pick colors for you.  Create a bracelet using these colors.

3. Create a heart pendant to use in a design. Try one of these:
Try polymer clay with texture sheets and alcohol inks.
Fill a heart bezel with an image and resin.
Cut one out of copper and hammer a texture on it.
Try your hand at wire-wrapping a heart.

Have fun this week! Maybe I'll see some of these inspirations on your bead table on Wednesday.

7 comments:

Heather said...

Hi Heather, Happy New Year. Love your short list of start up ideas. I am really excited about trying the color palette generator. Thanks for sharing that info!!

quickcer said...

I must have read my mind yesterday. I pulled out some beads that I have had for a couple of years, layed them out and got very inspired. Thanks for all the "creative" thinking. It helps to have someone else jump start a direction. Love the color palette.

TesoriTrovati said...

You always know how to inspire me. I love the palette picker, but I have not had the best luck with it. I wil have to go back and try it again. I am seeking new ways to inspire this year and you have given me some thoughts. Thank you for that, Heather.
Enjoy the day.
Erin

beautifullybrokenme said...

Thanks so much for the inspiration ideas Heather. I'm trying to come up with new designs, and this is the jump start I needed!

:-)

lynsey said...

I just adore your inspirational blogs Heather, i've book marked this page for future reference and also the colour palette generator, can't wait to use it.

Off the Beadin' Path said...

Hi Heather, You are really buzzing with fresh ideas! The creative jump starts are just that! Our batteries are now fully charged! I want to go right in and try them :) I haven't tried the color generator, but thanks for the link. Look forward to more and more! Thank you!

Marian Hertzog said...

Thanks for the ideas! I have been painting for many years and have just started working with polymer... I need to look at my favorite paintings in a new way! Love your blog and your work!