February 28, 2011

Wise Up Necklace - Earthenwood Studio Design Team

I love the connectors that Melanie from Earthenwood Studio sent me this month as part of her design team program

So let me tell you about this necklace.  First, I made it for myself because I have a jewelry shortage now that all my favorites are off to the publisher being photographed for the book.  I wore this necklace on Saturday and received so many compliments - that's always a good sign.

The owl is from Spirited Earth.  The red heart, earthy bronze and clock connectors are from Earthenwood Studio.  The house is from Jubilee.  The teal spacer is from me.  There is an Elaine Ray lentil bead in a bright cheery green and one of my stamped resin beads on other side to compliment it.  The clasp is made with a button from Mamacita Beadworks. 

You can see what my fellow team members created with their little Earthenwood stash this month here and here.

And check out this sweet design from Melanie using our beads together.  She paired up her heart and connectors with one of my snow owls and a little rare brown bird that I had at the Bead & Button show one year.

You can find all sorts of awesome beads in the Earthen Studio's Etsy Shop and Website

5 comments:

planettreasures said...

the necklace is delightful! I love the owl bead - it just all comes toghether so well, no wonder you got lots of compliments : )

Alice said...

I currently have an obsession with owls, so this necklace is a hit with me. I love all the fun components!

Gaea said...

That put such a smile on my face! Love!

Libby Leuchtman said...

Very pretty.

mairedodd said...

i want to thank you for sharing your life - your marriage, your talent... the post about jess really touched me - and i am just so grateful this morning to hear of people supporting and loving each other... i was at jess' shop and i love the art history series... joseph campbell advised to 'follow your bliss' - and you guys are doing it... we ask our children what the want to be 'when they grow up'... and then we grow up and society implies that the artistic life is not practical or stable... what they don't know is how all consuming and work intensive it is... thank you both for being a light - both of you...