March 19, 2011

Play Vs. Procrastination


I don't know why, but sometimes when I have deadlines piled up the weirdest ideas come into my head and I feel possessed to get them out into the world.  If you've seen the Anthropologie necklace that inspired the trend of tiny banner necklace you know why these just had to come into being! I couldn't resist giving the theme a Humblebeads' spin.  These may be the only ones I make or they may evolve into something else down the line.  In the meantime, they were a fun and quick distraction from my ever-mounting to-do list.

Visit my other blog to see some banner birthday drawings and a round up of crafty banner tutorials.

And a real reason to wave the banners - the winner of the Polymer Clay Pizazz 2 book giveaway is Skygazer/Christy!!!  Christy please email me your mailing address and I will ship that right out to you.

7 comments:

Third Eye Gypsy said...

I have that happen too when I have a deadline of sorts. Your mind just wants to wander like when you are in school and escape by doodling in the margins of your notebook.

Super bright and fun beads :)

Mellisa said...

So cheery and fun! My procrastination ends up in a standstill, not new awesome pieces :)

lisbonlioness said...

Those beads are ace! I'd love to play with them, how cute :)

earthlyjewels said...

ooh cool beads! love 'em! congrats to the winner...lucky girl!

helenejg said...

I hope you are going to show us what you do with the banners. They are so cute. Congratulations to Christy winning the book. Couldn't happen to a nicer person.

Elysian Studios said...

Those are great Heather! I have not seen the Anthropologie necklace, but I don't need to now, because I love yours! A least you had a very successful distraction! You really could do a ton with this- I love the name!

Unknown said...

I do that too! :)