May 4, 2011

Bead Table Wednesday - New Beads!

It's Bead Table Wednesday and my tables are filled with new beads.  I don't know what's up but I can hardly keep up with all the new ideas popping into my head.  My latest are these teeny-tiny charms.

I was thinking the other day of using my willow branch charms with a stamped copper disk as an example for a cute graduation pendant.  You could do the person's name and/or year of graduation.  Well that got me thinking of other little charms that would be cute for that idea and before I know it I had almost a dozen new designs whipped up.

The Woodland Collection: here we have a snazzy little fox, curious little hoot, a wee acorn and oak leaf. 
Garden Collection: The bees are abuzzing in this series - a tiny hive, mini bee and a sweet little blossom in golden honey and fresh greens.

Queen of All Collection - I thought these would be fun charms for those us who rule a little kingdom - if only in our minds!
Garden Collection - a sweet nest and butterfly in hues of teal, copper and burnt umber.

Except for the flower and key, all of these designs come from my sketchbook, hand-carved into molds and hand-painted for a watercolor effect.

You can find them in my Etsy shop, if they speak to you!


I have so many more beads that I'm working on, including an expanded selection of my Willow designs.  I have teardrops, connectors, headpins and my favorite, the leaf pendant.  Love that I can round out this collection.  Oh I have willow disk beads in mulberry and navy too to match that pendants and charms.  And there is the whole series of vintage image pendants - those will be for later this week, depending on how quick I am!

So that's a glimpse of what I've been working on and what is buried on the mess of my bead tables, yes more than one messy bead table is filled with my current creations in all stages of progress. 

We're gonna need a bigger table...(you have to say that in the accent of that crazy guy from Jaws.)

Which brings me to ask - what's on your Bead Table?  Share with the BTW flickr group and meet some new beady folks over there!

15 comments:

Grubbi said...

These are beautiful Heather, the little charms are so sweet. What size are they?

Elysian Studios said...

Before you said it, I was thinking of how much those beads looked liked your sketches- remarkable! Whew! You have been busy! I am amazed at how you can produce so many lovely things!

Malin de Koning said...

All wonderful, with the fox being my favourite!

Hannah said...

Love the little key charms!!

somethingunique said...

those are all amazing!

Linda Landig said...

You are just burst with new ideas! Isn't it fun? I love the little charms.

becca said...

I love your charms.
In particular, your garden collection with the butterfly & nest makes me feel covetous. Want, want, want... =)

JeannieK said...

Do you ever sleep? Your talent has no boundaries.

Rebecca said...

I adore those key charms....do you think you'll be making them up in any other colours? So pretty. ANd you willow headpins.....excited is not the word ;-)

Anonymous said...

I love the Jaws reference! Your beads are gorgeous, I love the bumble bee and the leaves.

Diana P. said...

I love the new beads! I may have to add some more to my collection!

TesoriTrovati said...

Totally crushing on these new small charms. I love the small flowers as well. I want them all!
Enjoy the day!
Erin

Noir jewelry said...

Each of the themed collection looks into the detail of the subject and given rise to very pretty creations.Love the subtle yet amazing colors you have chosen.

Beth Hikes said...

Heather, these are too cute! I love the fox. Every one has such personality. I hope they end up inspiring a graduate or two :)

My Life Under the Bus said...

So cute!!! I don't think I can pick a favorite!