October 21, 2012

Owl Beads & Charms

I'm never more creative when I have a deadline looming!  I don't know what it is, but I find all sorts of ways to procrastinate when I should be gettin' down to business.  I call it creation procrastination.  This morning, I was stuck with the sudden need to make owls.  Probably because everyone is buzzing out this contest.  And hey, who isn't up for new owls.  Whooo, I ask you, whoooo?  Okay, went overboard there.  


 These guys started out as sketchy little characters this morning. 

 I created these pieces in April 2011, and decided they would the inspiration for the new owls.

I pulled out some copper bezels I had stashed away and added my clay.  I then sketched out each little guy with my tools and popped them in the oven.  A little splash of paint and they were ready for adventures in the great big world. 



Yep, adventures indeed - they have already been flying out of my Etsy shop.  Back to the to-do list for me, now that I have those out of my system!

6 comments:

sandi m said...

I know what you mean about creation procrastination. But boy did you ever recover ... from just this morning?! These are just adorable!!

Carol Dekle said...

Hi Heather!

I love your new little owls, they are adorable! Each one has its own unique personality:)

Carol

Rebecca said...

Oh my! I especially love those fat wee owls at the bottom. Simply gorgeous!

TesoriTrovati said...

So sweet! I will have to see if I can get in on this owl action. I love it. Enjoy the day! Erin

Maria said...

Heather!
Those owl beads are adorable!
All the owls are...xo

Shee Sews said...

Your owls are amazing, I too have the owl bug having been seeing the odd owl for the past few months here and there! They have certainly grown on me. I love the little round dumpy owl beads here. But the new pendants are amazing especially the 2nd one which I love. You are very talented loved seeing how you created these x