March 18, 2016

Beautiful Elements Resource List

This week I wanted to share my resources list with the supplies that I used in the book. They were not included in the book out of solidarity for local bead shops, which I totally support and understand. Local bead shops are far and few between so I do encourage you to check out your local store, request specialty items and share your thoughts on what you'd like to see in their shop. 

In fact a bead shop a few hours away had a customer tell her about my beads. The owner reached out to me and tomorrow we are having a big shindig with a trunk show, book signing and classes.

So first and foremost, talk to your local bead shop owner if you have one in the area for items you'd like to see them carry.

So with that said, shop local first and then if that isn't an option this is my resource list that I created for the book. 


Beautiful Elements Resourses:
Ace Hardware: acehardware.com - copper and steel wire

Design Talented One: etsy.com/shop/designtaletedone - hand-dyed silk ribbon

Fusion Beads: fusionbeads.com - Czech glass, Vintaj patina, alcohol inks, findings, general beading supplies

Green Girl Studios: greengirlstudios.com - pewter art beads

Hobby Lobby: hobbylobby.com - Vintaj suplies, findings, copper sheet

Klynn Jewelry Designs: etsy.com/shop/KlynnJewelryDesigns - copper blanks

Lima Beads - limabeads.comCzech glass, Vintaj patina, alcohol inks, findings, general beading supplies

Metalliferous: metalliferous.com - copper textued sheets

Michaels Craft Stores: michaels.com - polymer clay, general craft supplies, findings and beads

Monster Slayer: monsterslayer.com - silver wire, beads, metal tools

Munro Crafts: munrocrafts.com - chain and findings, polymer clay

Natural Touch Beads: naturaltouchbeads.com - resin beads

Nunn Design: nunndesign.com - branch toggles 

Out on a Whim Beads: whimbeads.com - peanut seed beads, seed beads           
                   
Rings & Things: rings-things.com - metal, tools, beads, findings

The Bead Obsession: stores.ebay.com/thebeadobsession - Czech glass beads

Vintaj: vintaj.com - Patina, inks, findings, metal blanks 

Wanan Beads: etsy.com/shop/WananBeads - nut and wood beads

White Clover Kiln: whitecloverkiln.com - ceramic beads, waxed linen

Yadana Beads: etsy.com/shop/yadanabeads - chain, findings


We are half way through my book-along - have you created a project from the book? Be sure to share with us in my Facebook group! 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Heather! This is so helpful. I don't have a local bead store and this is great to have a resource for finding great components and beads. I've been looking for peanut seed beads for a long time! - Sarah

Denise said...

Thank you Heather! Your book is wonderful. I love the designs and your thoughtfulNess in showing jewelry makers how to shape and use metal with artbeads and not have to solder. Your designs are creative and inspiring!

baymoondesign said...

Thanks Heather! These are great resources.

Anonymous said...

Ugh it is so hard to get the annealed steel wire in Australia -- for some reason our hardware stores don't carry it. I finally found someone online who does carry it, so was able to get some. Guess I'll be getting my parents to shop for me next time they are in the US.
Anyway, I am hoping to do some playing tomorrow if I can!